I have created several curricula related to gender, sexuality, religion, spirituality, and/or mental health for various audiences to increase their competency and confidence in particular skills. These include
- Transitioning to Inclusion Transgender Curriculum: Educational program designed to help faith leaders, families, and parishioners discover their tradition’s resources that support affirmation and inclusion of transgender and gender expansive children and youth. 90-minute workshop can be extended into several sessions.
- Transitioning to Inclusion LGBTQ Curriculum: Educational program designed to help faith leaders, families, and parishioners discover their tradition’s resources that support affirmation and inclusion of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender children and youth. 90-minute workshop can be extended into several sessions.
- Rites of Passage Curriculum for LGBTQ Youth: A 6-month curriculum designed to help trans youth (primarily youth of color) process traumatic experiences through ritual, art, and spiritual engagement.
- Allyship in Action: Faith Leader Engagement With LGBTQ Community Centers: A 6 session curriculum designed to help faith leaders engage with clients and staff at an LGBTQ Community Center and provide spiritual support. Activities move from an LGBTQ 101 to a co-created mixer where faith leaders can introduce themselves to queer and trans folks in their community.
- Religion in the Context of Other Identities: This curriculum was written for a national independent school coalition annual diversity conference, as one module of a six-part identity-based curriculum comprised of age, ability, gender, race/ethnicity, religion, and sexual orientation. Its goals were to help students articulate their personal belief system and to reflect on the intersection between their belief system and other core cultural identifiers through group activities and silent reflection time.