In my 10 years of work at community-based non-profit organizations as a direct service professional, case manager, and pastoral counselor, I often worked closely with clients’ therapists and other mental health professionals–collaborating on case plans and client goal setting. In this context, I began to offer my mental health service colleagues professional development courses on mental health in the LGBTQ community, with a particular emphasis on my thesis research on LGBTQ people and spiritual trauma.
I have presented on this content to over 400 clinicians around the country at conferences like the Philadelphia Trans Wellness Conference, the GSA Network Youth Empowerment Summit, and the Gender Spectrum Family Conference.
I offer the following trainings for clinicians and other service providers:
- Spiritual Trauma and Mental Health Among LGBTQ (or Trans* and Gender Expansive) People
- Spiritual Trauma and Mental Health Among LGBTQ (or Trans* and Gender Expansive) Youth and Their Families
- Religious and Spiritual Competency for Mental Health Professionals
- Religious and Spiritual Development Throughout the Lifespan
- Identity Development and LGBTQ People (covers sexuality, gender, race, and faith identity development)
Please contact me if you would like to see an informational sheet with training objectives, citations, and a sample agenda.